Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'll carry on

According to my new plan, Tuesdays are now a day for me to share a song from a playlist on "home" I've been building for years. Today's offering is "I'll Carry On" from Rich Mullins's album A Liturgy, A Legacy, and a Ragamuffin Band.  I have known this song since I was a child (my parents really liked Mullins's music), but it became particularly important to me when I left college to begin my PhD adventure.  This stanza, in particular, often ran through my head during my first year in Texas:

I kissed the earth on my daddy's grave
Said goodbye to my brave young companions
But when they hoist that sail I know my heart will break
As bright and as fine as the morning
I don't know where this road will take me
But they say there's a place there for a man
And I'm only afraid that my dreams may betray me
And I'll never get home again 

 Complete lyrics can be found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment