Thursday, May 10, 2012

Signs of the time

Directions: Recruit 10-20 clever undergraduates whose brains have been addled from end-of-term writing and studying. Allot 1-2 pieces of sidewalk chalk to each student. Leave students to their own devices for the rest of the day. Return before the next rain. Consider whether you might legitimately incorporate hop-scotch into future lessons on essay-writing.

The Gettysburg Address, in sentence diagrams.





Sic 'em, Katniss!


"Sally Sparrow, beware the weeping angels!"


The TARDIS at Baylor? Sic 'em, Doctor!
Note: Despite my tongue-in-cheek intro, I cannot claim any credit for these pictures. I was just glad to have my camera with me on campus!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how stressed out students run their mind around random things that they're currently fixated at the moment. The second photo looks like equations but I can't really make out what's written on the sidewalk. These people really need to get their heads out of the books and freshen up first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first and second photo are both sentences from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. I thought all the scribblings, both academic and otherwise, were delightful!

    ReplyDelete