Monday, November 7, 2011

November Grace, Day 3


from the OSU Special Collections and Archives
"Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done..." I grew up singing this song, but I've never been very good at counting. I am, however, an expert list-maker, and as this new week begins, I am offering the catalog of grace that is giving me hope for this week.


 Today, I am thankful

  • that my amazing mother was able to visit me this weekend
  • that she will be back in two weeks for Thanksgiving
  • for rain
  • for autumn days that are low and rainy and require music such as this
  • for tea
  • for little Texas churches in little Texas towns
  • for a functioning car
  • that I was able to submit another job application today 
  • for fingers that type and knit easily and without pain
  • for leftovers from yummy meals
  • for friends who ask if I want to come study at the library



What are you grateful for today?






1 comment:

  1. You. Among many other things. But at this precise moment, I'm thankful for you and your perspective on life and faith. :)

    ReplyDelete