Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Where my soul is at ease

(A guest post by Katie Ruth for this twelfth day of Lent)



Home is a place, a person, or a group of people that causes your soul to breathe easier. Whenever I drive to the Appalachian mountains, my soul breathes a sigh of relief: I feel at peace. At home.

 


Whenever I come back from a long day of classes and I open the door and see my husband, I know I am home and can relax.



When I am with these friends I am completely myself: no pretensions, no acts, no facades. I am at home.


And even though I do not live with them anymore, my family will forever be home.  These four people (and others too countless to name) will always love me, always have a place for me, and always remind me where I come from. They are home. Home is where my soul is at ease, my heart is full and happy, and I know I belong.

Katie Ruth is a graduate student learning to live, study, rest, and play all at the same time. She lives in Texas with her dear husband where she knits, drinks tea, and aspires to be creative in her spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment